Care and wearing instructions for your watch
Issued by the Vereinigung der Bundesverbände des Deutschen Schmuck- und Silberwarengewerbes [Coalition of Federal Associations of the German Jewellery and Silverware Industry].
Your timepiece is a master piece of electronics and fine mechanics, and high precision. It is to keep time for a long time.
Please note the warranty is void with improper use, unauthorised repair, improper battery replacement and broken crystal. When submitting a warranty claim please be sure to include the receipt for your purchase and the separate warranty certificate.
- Protect your watch from impact, magnetic fields, intense heat, water and chemicals, as well as mechanical abrasion. Always remove watches before bed.
- Waterproof per DIN is a design feature which may be jeopardised by impact, temperature fluctuations and the effect of greases and acids. A watch worn whilst swimming or diving should be handled and stored properly at all other times, and the waterproof feature checked by a speciality retailer annually.
- The battery life also varies by the design of the piece. If a battery operated watch stops or a weak battery status is indicated, it should promptly be taken to a speciality retailer to prevent the discharged battery from damaging the watch or the environment.
- Batteries should be replaced by a speciality retailer at regular intervals of 1-1 ½ years, which will also check battery drain and the condition of seals and replace these if necessary.
- In the event condensation forms (fog under the crystal), promptly take the watch to a speciality retailer to prevent the moisture from causing damage.
- The winding button must always be pushed in or screwed tight when wearing the watch.
- The leather strap on the watch is a wear item and as a natural product is particularly sensitive to moisture, perspiration, chemicals and abrasion; it therefore has a limited life and (for sanitary reasons) should be replaced every 6-12 months depending on usage. When replacing the strap also check the holding pins (spring bars) and replaced as necessary.
- Please also note the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
General information about mechanical watches:
Mechanical watches are never 100% accurate.
Discrepancies of up to 90 seconds per day are within the tolerance range. Results may vary considerably depending on the temperature, humidity, power reserve and careful handling of the watch. To achieve the most accurate results please be sure to observe the following rules. Please manually wind the watch at least 30 rotations before every use using the winding button (0). The mechanism will then automatically wind the watch using the rotor inside the casing itself. When the watch is not in use we recommend using an electric watch winder. Avoid all shock and impact. Due to the complexity of the watch mechanism the watch could already be damaged by minor shock or impact. Please note the waterproofness of the casing as per DIN 8310. If possible, avoid any contact with water (particularly for leather straps) and magnetic fields, e.g. in speakers or similar. Should the watch, however, be exposed to the stress of water, be sure to have the waterproofness of the watch checked annually.
Following these rules ensures you will be able to greatly enjoy your watch for a long time.
WEARING A MECHANICAL WATCH HAS ALWAYS BEEN SOMETHING SPECIAL!